Makita Limited Warranty
Makita Trade Warranty
Makita Trade Warranty covers power tools used by domestic and commercial users or tools used for hire. Every Makita power tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. In addition to any statutory rights and remedies you may have, Makita warrants all of its products against defective workmanship and faulty materials and undertakes, at its option, to repair or replace, free of charge, each product or part thereof on condition that:
- The complete product is returned to Makita or one of its Authorised Service Agents, in person or freight pre-paid by user, and found, on examination, to be suffering from a manufacturing defect;
- The product or relevant part has not been subjected to misuse, neglect, or been involved in an accident; and
- The repairs are not required as a result of normal wear and tear.
Warranty period apply as below for any warranty claim made from 1 October 2015; including claims on items purchased prior to that date that remain within the specified warranty period at the moment of claim.
- Li-ion Cordless power tools - 3 years
- Li-ion Batteries and chargers - 2 years
- AC, Pneumatic, Gas, Laser tools - 2 years
- Petrol / AC Outdoor Power Equipment - 2 years
- Other power tools (Ni-Cad etc) - 1 year
- Makita Heated & Fan Jackets, Torches, Radios and Fans that can operate using Li-ion battery are classified Li-ion Cordless power tools;
- Makita OPE products that can operate using a Makita Lithium-ion battery are classified Li-ion Cordless power tools.
Makita cannot be held responsible for:
- Any repair other than those carried out by it or one of its Authorised Service Agents.
- Any alterations have been made to the tool and/or the tool has been opened, disassembled or modified in any way prior to it being received by the Authorised Service Agent.
- Tools and accessories that have been parallel imported and not made for New Zealand market.
- Damaged tools that were used with other than recommended power supply, if other than genuine or recommended parts or accessories were fitted to the tool, or wrong consumables were used (oil, petrol, etc).
- Normal wear, abuse, misuse, accident or complete burnout due to overloading of the tool’s capacity or use beyond the manufacturer’s recommendations and in unsuitable environment.
In New Zealand "Makita" means MAKITA (NEW ZEALAND) LIMITED, 46 Westpoint Drive, Hobsonville, Auckland. Telephone: 0800-MAKITA (0800 625 482)
Important Note For New Zealand Consumers:
In addition to your rights given by this warranty, all consumers in New Zealand receive other rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 NZ for goods and services ordinarily purchased for personal, domestic or household use.
PLEASE RETAIN A COPY OF THE TAX INVOICE FOR YOUR WARRANTY.